Aug 15, 2007

Two week train wreck

It's been a while since my last post... I've been clamoring for a break since then but can I get any? Apparently not...!

Two weeks ago the ONLY Internet service provider in this god forsaken place decided they'd want to screw everybody some more and messed around with the ADSL service.

I tell you man, a government monopoly telecom provider can come up with the fanciest shit just to cover there pathetic asses!

First, they told everybody that the interruption was due to a service loop rehabilitation of a significant area south of the Commercial Business District...

When that shit didn't work, they started telling everybody that there was some underground earthquake that threw the already tangled subterranean trans-state cables into something that would put Rob Zombie's dreadlocks to shame!

And when that shit didn't work either... they started inventing paranoia.... they started telling everybody that a rogue hacker penetrated their servers that caused the melee.

Only the town fool will believe their shit... Frankly, it's obvious that they're desperately running out of ideas...

Finally, after 8 days of no or limited connectivity, 1 pack of cigarettes (yes folks I started smoking again because of this shit!), around five thousand cuss words, 2.43 hours of waiting in queue from the damn tech support line, and four sleepless nights - the local ISP admitted that they fucked up the system trying to install a crawler of some sort to incite another attempt to sanitize or censor the Internet...

In this totalitarian country... the sitting monarchy is paranoid as hell about what the people say and think about his crap!

Although, in fairness to him... he's a pretty good leader... he's turned this toilet of a country into a modern and vibrant state... No secret there, I mean what can't you do if you're ruling a country whose literally floating in black gold...

Anyway, right after the "crash", the hard part of rebuilding the entire computer infrastructure of one of our subsidiary commences... another 4-5 days of Calvary for me! Knowing pretty well that the same shit could happen again, I decided to postpone the latency and connectivity tests till next week.

Even as I write this entry the connectivity is constantly kicking my balls just to check if I'd finally loose my sanity...

I'll try to post what happend to the tests if I could, try to bear with me, as there may still be some delay on my postings...

I'll be using this SOHO VPN Router from Linksys for the site's Remote Connection needs. Here's the device's data sheet in case you guys want to check it out.




Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: