Oct 24, 2007

Rolling with the Big Boys.... First Day High!!!!

Today started off like any other day... Woke up... flinched... did some stretching... procrastinated... did some some more stretching... finally forced myself out of bed, all in a record-breaking time of 37 minutes.

Then I went to the kitchen and fixed myself some breakfast... Everything seems all too quiet, in fact, I completely lost track of time as I enjoyed my cup of coffee for 30 frigging minutes before taking a shower... I was in the office fifteen minutes to nine... tardy again, but what the hey... I figure, since I'm the first one to leave the office anyway, that kinda sorta balances the whole schedule thing off, right?

I mean if you arrive late for work and leave late for work, you would've been late twice in one day.... And I don't think anyone would want that, right? Ergo, my line of reasoning is acceptable... Arrive late, Go home early =)

Anyway, on with the story... So there I was rummaging through my daily tasks and running for a 12 o'clock meeting when a colleague of mine stopped and asks me what today was as he fills out some form... So I told him, "Its Tuesday, October 24th"... it took a while for me to realize what I said... today is the First listing day of the stocks I bought (GECS)...

I tried to run back to my office to check the stats online, but the fools started pouring into the conference room signaling the start of the meeting...

Now, about meetings, you might not think of me as the life of the party type, but I can definitely consider myself otherwise when it comes to these meetings and stuff... Usually, I am one the persons that everyone looks at to dictate the course of what's going to happen...
I bet, everybody noticed how I wasn't really paying attention to what was going on... All I wanted at that moment was to get out of that room!!!

Finally after over an hour of incessant blabbing and pointing fingers, the meeting adjourned... I was the first person to leave the still steaming set of seats, stepping at some one's toes in the process...
I shot straight for my office and went to the web... And there, in front of me was the biggest shocker of the year!!! The frigging stock appreciated 62.93%!!!

While writing this... I felt that I cannot do any justice describing the set of emotions I'm going through so I thought I'd let the numbers do the talking! Before I show you the stats... I wanted to give a shout out to my wife...

"Babe, I was right on the money after all!!!! Wooohoooo!!!!"




Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: