Oct 9, 2009

Need an overhaul

Do you ever have those days where you feel locked-out? Caught like a deer on a headlight over meetings? Feeling like your running around with your head cut-off? Or maybe just felt inadequately out of control?

Sure, its probably caused by sheer exhaustion, or frustration with the daily runnings at work - but then again these could just be a factor amongst a combination of things...

I seriously think there should be some sort of study out there... and a statistic of how many of us, mortals are affected by this condition... just so we can go to the authorities and declare a pandemic or something...

Tried combing the web for self-help advises, but nothing so far seems to work... well, not in my case anyway.

I probably need to get a vacation anytime soon... a very looooonnngggg vacation!

I'm feeling claustrophobic with my current working scenario right now.

All the issues, deadlines, and more issues are like, starting to take its toll on me...

Dealing with frustrations at work is tricky...

I know, cause I must have tried every piece of advise I could get my hands on...

So here's three of the "best advices" I can find out there, and what it did for me:

Positive Thinking

The problem is, that when you go with the "positive" thinking crap - its just a short-term "fix"...

I mean sure, it does get you off for a day or two, but once you get back to reality, its like you never really went anywhere... so you end up being more miserable cause all you've proven was you can actually fool yourself... Delusion is not something anyone should welcome, I bet persistent practice of this method would either land you in a mental institute, or seriously shift your sense of reality...

Analyzing the root-cause

Sorting or analysing the cause of the issue is obviously more stressful work for most of us - something which I'm sure you don't want more of in the first place... So that piece-o'-crap advise didn't work either...

Meditation

Dealing with the problem by subscribing to "distractingly gay-ish" activities like yoga. meditation, or some other similar shit, only gives you more clarity of mind, in effect, "amplifies" your initial sentiments and frustrations since you can focus and analyze better....

I've tried that one, and look where I am right now?

. . . . .

Seriously, I feel like I need a complete overhaul these days....

No comments: