Jul 6, 2010

Show me the money, dammit!


Whenever companies call me nowadays, the recruiters on the other end are often amazed that I either know someone from their company or have in some way been involved with them in the past. I always imagine how awkward the recruiter might feel, with some wise-ass like me at that time...


They often ask me "why did you leave in the first place?" and whimsical things like that, as if their company is a nirvana on earth! Obviously, I have to educate them about my circumstances then, so most often than not, we always conclude with "so, are you still open to returning to the company for this opportunity?" like they've suddenly realized that they're offering nothing that I've heard before...






Last week a major IT Giant of a company called me and invited me to entertain an opportunity – problem is, I've been with that company before, and although my experiences with them were on the "not so bad" category, I feel that I'd be betraying myself if I consider their offer immediately, after all, I have all the time in the world.

Call it old-fashion but I always believe that I can never go back to any company that I've left.

These days, it's a frustrating act to get calls from companies who have very good offers only to find out that it's from one of the corporations that I've been with in the past!

Some of you might say "Well, ain't this guy something? I don't see anything wrong with going back?!?" Okay, so I "kindda" agree with you on that notion, in the general sense. 



It's just not my thing… dunno why really… I've just been like that since day one… funny how that sounds so stupid right now huh?

I mean let's face it…. 
 finding viable job offers is as rare as finding a golden unicorn grazing in your backyard.. As most of you folks would know, the job market isn't actually in the most "conducive" phase right now, particularly with the type of work I'm involved now a days, it's next to impossible to get a good offer!

I've been to a couple of interviews already since the beginning of the year, and I must admit… its already getting old that its already way past the standard life-expectancy… 



It's always the same bullshit from when we get to the part of the interview process where we negotiate the offer --- "We currently cannot support your expectations (package), is it possible to reschedule you for an interview with the VP of HR/Finance?" or "I'm sorry we have considered another candidate for the position.".... Yeah right, friggin' cheapskates!

Now I'm thinking into changing careers.... I might have already run the end of the course for this one... Any suggestions folks?

No comments: