Sep 5, 2007

An "Exchange" of Scenery

A week ago I was happy man, a contented man whose simply enjoying my newly renovated 12 foot by 18 foot room for an office...

Now, that's all changed...

It was a hellish two week ordeal! I mean, just keeping tabs on my situation would would put to shame the processing power of 17-Tandem Xeon Quad-Core Processors, 4 x 36MB Cache Memory with 2500MHz Front Side Bus.

I think I'm developing a severe anxiety complex with Microsoft's Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Build!!! The damn thing requires a nose-bleed-inducing amount of pre-deployment tweaking for a relatively simple forest with VPN Encapsulation!!!

I mean I've already tried several approach to go around the Domain Controller element that I'm starting to seriously doubt why I even deserve to live! You see, although the company's network setup is relatively simple, the encapsulation and transport methods for the Dynamic IP VPN networking requires the dexterity and patience of a rocket scientist on Meth!

Running out of time, I decided Microsoft's Exchange Server is not worth the pain and suffering... It became apparent too that if I push for Exchange, I'm gonna be admitted to an asylum before the month is over!

I was seriously contemplating skipping town and maybe even change my name to some exotic foreign sounding one, start a career in showbiz and never touch another computer for the rest of my life!!!

Then, as if by mysterious force, it just came to me, I remembered, I was keeping around a simple MX based software which doesn't care jack shit about tunneling protocol conflicts or DC configurations...

I quiver at the idea that I've finally found the answer!!!

The solution was Alt-N's MDeamon Pro 8.1.3 build!!!! God bless FOSS in all it's superficial glory!!!

I just gotta raise my worn out hat to Alt-N for saving my sanity from this cruel, capitalist software conglomerate giant, whom shall remain nameless (Clue: Your probably using their Operating System right now)....

You guys are the best! If I have a million bucks to invest, I'd throw you guys half... errr, a quarter of it... Sure, nobody really knows who the hell you guys are... And maybe nobody really care, but hey.... you save me years of therapy.... and I applaud you guys hereafter....

If you ever need my help... just come out and ask me for it.... without hesitation, you'll have it...

Here's a link to MDaemon FAQ for you reference... If you need any help with your MDaemon, you can hit me up or drop me a line (+968 99454779) anytime!!!



Note: I am not in any way related or connected to Alt-N Incorporated. I have received no compensation in any form for my opinions as expressed. I only hope that Alt-N will have the conscience to offer illicit contributions or ramification for freelancers like me who are patronizing and promoting their products such as, but not limited to the matter mentioned herewith.



Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: