Sep 8, 2007

Rolling with the Big Boys.....

Okay, I don't know how else to put this so I'll just say it plainly.

About a month back I was blessed with an opportunity to finally start my hands on Stock Market Investments. I figure, I really didn't have much money anyway so what do I have to loose?

My dad's into this stuff a long way back. He's had his fair share of wins and blunders too. He gave me the inspiration to try my luck at this alternate form of solicited gambling.

Although, I was raised in a devout Catholic household, taking chances and going for broke was tolerated with temperance and of course common sense.

This decision, believe it or not, was not based on my compulsion alone. You see, most of the banking institutions here in the GCC doesn't offer interest returns for you hard earned cash. The shrewed banking system offers promotional rigs and lotto like teasers instead - where they impose this "rigged" prize money draws every month.

So, short to say, with the second baby coming soon, I needed to increase my residual income - and fast! Thus, with a calculated decision, I strapped my stock-investing-jocks and got myself my very own, Investment Portfolio (aka Subscriber Account).

Next, I had to fill-out this one page form for the subscription and allocation application. Thanks to my dad's first hand information on the market, I am around 77.43% (give or take) assured that the investment might yield significantly profitable figures.

This is indeed a brand new world for me. I have to learn the "talk" to walk the walk. Because talking in layman language with brokers and other investors will only give you snob faces or illicit repartee and one-liners followed by high school giggles.

I hope that I will have a positive experience with this one, lest I forever concede to hopelessness and despair. I really, really, really, really need the extra dough!

Anyway, here is the FAQ sheet on the company I'm betting my chips in. And here's their prospectus.

The IPO (Initial Public Offering) concludes September 10, public trading of the stock will probably be a month after. I'll fill you guys in on what will happen. Cross your fingers for me guys!



Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: