Aug 10, 2008

Another Mindf*cked Rant

Do you sometimes wonder why, for the simplest of things you end up breaking your head; carefully planning meetings, churning-out KPIs and forecasting analysis but still end up ruining it all?

What about underestimating something to the point of practically neglecting it only to find out later on that it's actually one of the critical action point in someone else's grand design?

It's a shame how most of the people whose entrusted to take the helm of companies, portfolios, projects, industries, even countries and armies are leading lives whose in total contradiction of their jobs. Meaning that most of these so called managers/directors/presidents/chairmans are they themselves unable to manage either their very lives or their households.

Small wonder why societies will turn at each other at a drop of a hat with the smallest provocation on something they will later on consider as a trivial matter - case in point the latest Georgia conflict (click here to read more on this topic).

Sitting here writing this entry, I find these types of news as "concerning" or maybe even "alarming"... still, I couldn't imagine how it would feel like if you yourself would be in the actual situation....

Although still undecided on whether or not to go back home for a promising opportunity, I'm already mind-fu*cked from the stress because my decision might put me and my family in the same circumstances mentioned above... unable to justify if the risk-reward ratio if this decision will be on our favor...

Today, I may not just very well be reading about the violence, unfair trade practices, escalating prices on oil and commodities, tax scamming fiascos, police incompetence and brutality, rub-outs, trade insolvency issues about mi querida patria... Tomorrow I'll be again, immersed in all the sensationalized splendor and drama that is home...

You might ask: "Then why the f*ck do you have to go through it all over again?"

Answer: "Yo busco la mejor las cosas ... y estoy siempre un estudiante de la vida y las oportunidades..."

My God, please help me and my family see through this!
Let it not transpire according to my will, but with your will be
done...

No comments: