Feb 23, 2009

Comfort zone, where art thou?

Have you sometimes wondered why is it that when you finally feel comfortable at something, something else goes wrong that would throw everything out of whack.

Like that time when you first got your driver's license and found that the old family wagon is too beat up for you to use. Or what about when you finally got the raise you deserve but ended up being plowed down by the amount of work that got kicked off your way. You realize that you were really better off earlier.

Somethings just never come to you on a silver platter.

For sometime now, I thought understood the dogma that people generally needed to be in some sort of dilema to keep their head in the game, sort of like, continuing ed, without the boring classroom lectures and the oogled eyed prof that looks like he's been on the education system too long.

Though this statement might be acceptable to some, it is just not that appealing to me. The idea of working your ass off to get somewhere and find that you're basically going to be working your ass some more, is not my cup of tea.

I don't know if a lot of you out there share my sentiments. Although, my closest friends would tell me that it's just me being "child-like" again. I know that things would never easy for me. I just miss that old snuggled-up-into-a-warm-blanket kind of a feeling...

No comments: