Jun 3, 2007

The ballad of a magical pansy

For the past three days I've been silently lamenting about the repatriation of my family. That day is finally upon me.

It's been ages since I've been all alone. Which leaves me questioning if I could even last a minute without them by my side.

I have become a pathetic excuse for an adult whose sensibilities have been inescapably super-glued to these people. I've never gone a week without my other half, let alone my daughter! I know, I'm an idiot, so go on, give yourself a pat on the head!

Although not quite feeling the effects of this loss at the moment, I'm sure I'll soon breakdown in a degrading bouts of crying fests as soon as they cross that departure hold at the airport.

Everything has become my worst nightmare... You see, I've worked so hard to keep my family together. Only to find out that in the end - I would have to deal with the fact that I will one day be apart from them, for the convenient truth that it actually pays better to seek ones livelihood overseas.

If I only knew that this same bond will be my nemesis, I would've acted accordingly and would've taken precaution not to grow up as a big-uber-eyed pansy...

Why is it that they say "all good things must come to an end"? Why does everything in this world have to be so damn complicated? And why, tell me why... Does everything else look different when you're a parent?

Well of course I know the fucking answers to my own rhetorical questions, twit! I just want to make sense of whatever fucked-up reason that they're there in the first place.

No right answer can ever equal the feeling you get when you lay your head besides the woman you married after going through an entire day arguing about some stupid thing about my groin and a high velocity mobile phone. Or the smile you wear when your daughter runs to your arms to seek comfort from her distressing episode with the "evil-flying-cockroach-from-hell"

I mean, for the longest time I thought that I could control my own destiny... that all my decisions are up to me...

Christ I am so I full of it!



Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: