Sep 3, 2010

Running out of prime time?


What do I need to do to stop procrastinating into putting up my own business NOW!

It's been over 18 months now since we got back to the Philippines and not one of the resolution I pledged back then has come true.

First of all, I'm still struggling on making a significant enough fold to my finances. Next is that my plans to complete my Masters is still nowhere truer now than it has ever been. And finally, laying the ground work for my objective to retire (with sustainable passive income) on my 35th birthday has yet to break ground.
Its already September and as I hear the annoying morning radio blasts christmas songs on my way to work, I often times cringe on the thought that I am again living a life in "auto-pilot". Wish really saddens me because it means that all that sacrifices that I made in the past 18 or so months might end up as nothing more as whimsical stories to my grandkids when I'm old and gray.

Obviously, there is nothing wrong with leaving "entertaining short tales of times long ago" as you enjoy your senior years, but that's clearly not what I set my self up to do... I was aiming more on the likes of leaving not just a legacy of financial "how-to's" for my kids, but maybe a small business dynasty of some sort.... and this I think is what's been driving me insane.

There is less than 5 months to go before the year 2010 bids adieu, and I'm still no where with my plans to afford myself my first route out of the rat race. I know I promised I'll be starting this year, but dang! It's just pretty damn hard to do that!

Any tips from anyone at this point is really welcomed!

No comments: